Ever since its inception in the year 1963, the department is striving its best to meet the requirement in the global scenario. Stake holders are optimum taken care to benefit by well qualified and experienced teachers who illuminate knowledge which is the strength of the department.
Not a stone unturned-be it UGC sponsored COP (NGO Management & Development), UGC sponsored 3 National Seminar, UGC sponsored 1 Minor Research Project, Literary Activities, Holistic Guest Lecture, Corporate Etiquette Workshop, Disaster Management-Orientation Certificate Course, Bomb Blast and Fire Fighting (Mock Demonstration), Foreign language- French and German, NGO visits, various Certificate Courses from Communication Skills, Advanced Communication Skills ,Functional English, Medical Transcription, Accent Training, Academy Improvement Module, NGO Management & Development, MNC Etiquettes, Art of Public Speaking ,etc., It promotes Research culture amongst the students by bringing in an average Six projects every year based on the syllabus. Besides many outdoor activities were practiced to bring out the innovative teaching involving the students’ live demonstration on Tiger Extinct, Cleanliness, Patriotism, National Integrity is also observed by cherishing on the Harvest Festival. Through Environmental Forum saplings are planted in the campus by the students. Students are facilitated to participate and present paper in National Seminar. Faculty update and upgrade themselves by regularly presenting and participating in the National and international Seminars.
- To develop the skills of effective communication-listing, speaking, reading and writing.
- To enable the learner with different levels of linguistics competence.
- To development cognitive skills and to creative an opportunity for the learner to have interaction with issues presented from different view points.
- To familiarize the students with the great masters emphasizing on their versatility of English they have used.
- To make the students aware of critical issues of the present day.
- To inculcate critical approach.
- To develop an aesthetic sense.
- To introduce PG program in English
- To Organize International seminar
- To Certificate course in medical transcription using language lab
- To have collaboration with the British Council and American Studies Research Centre