Established in 1967 and since it has grown steadily. Zoology is a popular basic life science which covers all aspects of life like Morphology, Cytology, Physiology, Embryology, Genetics, Evolution, Ecology, Human health and Welfare etc.
Department has adequate, qualified and experienced faculty to guide and motivate the students.
Zoology is such a diverse discipline that there is not any professional society that covers all branches of zoology in a dominant manner. Zoology serves as a valuable foundation to many students for understanding Human Physiology, Anatomy, Genetics, Embryology and Pathology.
GOALS & OBJECTIVES
- To guide students to acquire knowledge about animal diversity and conservation.
- To develop scientific temper and inquisitiveness for research.
- To create social awareness on cancer, AIDS, pollution, protection of endangered species and biodiversity.
- To impart ethics and human values.
- Holistic development of students to pursue academic excellence to get better placement.
- To develop a scientific temper & inquisitiveness for research.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR ADMISSION
The minimum qualification required to apply is a pass in the 10+2 examination in Science from PUC / ISC / CBSE or equivalent board with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as core subjects. At least 50% marks in II PUC or equivalent examinations with Biology as one of the subjects. 45% for SC/ST students
Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Basic Science & Applied Science according to BUB Semester Scheme CBCS Scheme (2014-2015 Batch onwards)
- Chemistry, Botany, Zoology (CBZ)
- Chemistry, Zoology, Biotechnology (CZBt)
SCOPE OF THE B.SC COURSE CBZ/CZBT
Zoology as a career as a number of specializations because of which the students are presented with a plethora of career options once they chose to be associated with this field. This field is concerned with the preservation and management of animal kingdom and a career in it would mean that you are a part of that responsibility.
This course enables the Students to take up advanced studies in Zoology Biotechnology, Chemistry, and Botany & can find opportunities in
a) i) M.Sc in the respective disciplines
ii) Many interdisciplinary post-graduate courses like M.Sc and Ph.D degree
in many prestigious institutions all over India and abroad.
iii) Master of Business Administration.
b) i) Teaching in schools & colleges where any of these subjects is a discipline.
ii) Indian Administrative Services and other state and central Govt. Services where knowledge of science subjects is a definite advantage especially at the entrance examinations.
iii) Careers in Science and Technology and Management where a high level of competence and dependence on many of the science subjects is demanded.
Teaching methods adopted to improve student learning:
- The Students are motivated to interact and participate in discussions during teaching
- The students are encouraged to take part in tutorials and group discussions
- The slow learners are identified and remedial classes are conducted.
- The students are made to give seminars and submit home assignments
- We are involved in both Traditional and Multimedia Learning.
- Educational tour – field visit.
- Guest lectures